Material definition of a project serves as the precise objectives of performance of a building. But beyond this common function, it constitutes the material from which an architect works out his personal architectural language and by la-meme gives identity to a building.
This teaching will question this dimension of materiality, from the role of structure in the definition of spaces to the detailing of envelopes.
PEDAGOGICAL OBJECTIVES OF THIS TEACHING ARE:
To learn with:
- To interpret a program
- Simultaneously to structure space and the matter
- To explore the constructive and technical solutions simultaneously (environments)
- Simultaneously to work on all the scales in order to understand coherence necessary between 'the whole and the parts of a project (the design is never linear)
- To conceive the project starting from the concept of course, (for the project of museum)
To know to legitimate its choices:
- how to be established;
- which character to give to an architecture for a given use;
- which register materials to employ in agreement with the site and the functionality of the building;
- which reports of scales, etc.…